Detailed guide to the location of all magazines in the game
Where to Find all the Magazines in Mafia: Definitive Edition
As you play through Mafia: Definitive Edition, a remake of the original game, you’ll be able to find several varieties of collectibles. And magazines are one of them. Below we will tell you how to get all the magazines of each type (unfortunately, the favorite Playboy magazines are not in the game):
- Dime Detective Magazine
- Terror Tales
- Black Mask
- Super Science Stories
Hint. First off, note that the location of each collectible is shown on your mini radar. But only if you are next to him, on the same floor. For example, magazines are marked with “open book” icons.
Dime Detective Magazine
There are 20 Dime Detective Magazines in Mafia: Definitive Edition.
1. Task “Ordinary Routine“. At the beginning of the assignment, when you find yourself in Vincenzo’s office (you go for the weapon), look on the side of the table, under the window.
2. Task “Fair Play“. After the races, you will need to find out where Paulie disappeared. Move to the end of the shopping arcade to meet Luka. There is a table with a magazine to the right of him.
3. Task “Better Get Used to It.” When, together with Paulie, visit Biff, to whom they came for information, enter the back room and take the magazine from the sofa.
4. Task “The Saints and The Sinners“. After entering the brothel, go through the far-right door to be behind the reception desk. There is a magazine here.
5. Task “The Saints and The Sinners“. Another magazine can be found in the church at the end of the mission, when a shootout with people at the funeral begins. At the beginning of it, examine the rack against the side wall.
6. Task “A Trip to the Country“. After you get into the first ambush and search the corpse near the truck, go along the path in the opposite direction. In the second building there will be one enemy, and there is also a rack with a magazine.
7. The task of “Omerta“. After listening to Vinnie, go to the right along the trailer and take the magazine from the box.
8. Task “Visiting Rich People“. When you find yourself inside the mansion, move to the far-left room and take away the magazine from the table.
9. Task “Great Deal“. When you move to the exit from the parking lot, before going outside, look into the guard booth on the side of the barrier.
10. Task “Happy birthday” Once on the holiday, pay attention to Sam standing in front. A few steps before him look at the porch on the left. There is a table with a magazine.
11. Task “Happy birthday!” When you find yourself on the ship and pick up the weapon, you need to find a convenient position. Go to the captain’s cabin with the helm, use the door on the right. Do not rush forward to the marker, but instead go around the wheelhouse, go to the left. There will be a magazine next to her.
12. Task “You Lucky Bastard“. When you go to the diner for Sergio, kill the enemies and inspect all the tables in the main hall. You will find a magazine in one of them.
13. The task “Creme de la Creme“. Before you open the gate in the last hangar, behind which a car is waiting for you, examine the boxes on the left and take the magazine.
14. Task “Election Campaign“. When you beat two enemies in the abandoned dining room and go upstairs, leave the room and go into the adjacent room through the door on the left. Look for a magazine.
15. Task “Just foe Relaxation.” Once in a warehouse with several offices (about four rooms on the second floor), finish off the enemy and search these rooms. You find magazine in one of the rooms.
There are 19 Horror Stories magazines in the game.
1. The task of “Omerta“. When you visit the bar with Tiny Tonny, look at the side of the table.
2. Task “ Great Deal “. After reaching the room with the valve and putting out the fire, examine the table nearby.
3. The task “ You Lucky Bastard “. When you get to Sergio’s house, walk along the fence to the right of the car standing by the garage. Do not rush to climb over the fence, but instead pick up the magazine from the corner.
4. Task “ Election Campaign “. After Tony finishes the candidate and falls down, go down a little lower and find yourself in a corridor with several cameras. There will be a magazine behind the far-left door.
5. Task “The Death of Art“. Towards the end of the chase for Sam, after the library with the globe and the card, carefully examine each room, because in one of them, there is a magazine on the table.
Look for other magazines in the “Free Ride” mode:
- Opposite Oakwood Church in Oakwood on the map. Not far from the entrance.
Super Science Stories
In total, the game has 20 magazines from the Fantastic Stories.
1. Task “Ordinary Routine“. Talk to Ralphie in the garage and look for a table with a magazine on the side of the car.
2. Task “Better Get Used to It.” At a certain point, a firefight will begin, and you will need to shoot at the enemies hiding behind the barrels. Do not rush to go down to the workshop, but instead, near the steps, look for a white sofa with a magazine.
3. Task “ Visiting Rich People“. Before entering the mansion, examine the sun loungers next to the pool.
4. The task “Bon Appetite!” When Morello’s men attack Salieri, move to the kitchen and find the magazine.
5. The task “Happy birthday!” After you find yourself on the ship, go down one deck below and find a door that can be opened. This will take you to the kitchen, where there is a magazine on one of the tables.
6. Task “The Death of Art“. When the shootout begins in the gallery, go upstairs, go through the door and look for the magazine on your left.
Look for other magazines in the “Free Ride” mode:
- Under the arch opposite the Morello bar in North Park. The bar is signed on the map.
- Near the lighthouse in the lower right corner of the map. It is signed and located under the Beach Hill area.
There are also magazines “Black Mask”, and there are quite a few of them in the game – 19 pieces. Look for magazines in Free Ride mode:
- Lansom Stadium in Holbrook, signed on the map. Walk left or right from the door of the building and go into the dark corridor under the roof.
- The Carleona Hotel in Downtown. Signed on the card. There is a lane above it (on the map). Follow there and look for a journal near the steps.
- Oakwood Cemetery in the Oakwood area. Approximately in the middle, near the open bench.
But the Super Science Stories in the game are fewer – only 10.
1. Task “Ordinary Routine“. In the motel, where you need to deal with the gangsters, go up to the second floor and find the door leading to the balcony. At the end of the balcony, there are comics on one of the tables.
2. Task “Better Get Used to It.” When you exit Biff, follow Paulie and at the end of the street look at the urn on the left, at the corner of the building. There will be comics.
3. Task “The Saints and The Sinners“. On the third floor of the brothel, inspect each room. There will be a man in one of the rooms who will ask you to leave. We’ll have to beat him up, and then look into the bathroom.
4. The task of “Omerta“. In the bank, when you go to the cells for documents, look for comics on the side (on the lower level, not far from the room with cells).