In this guide, we will describe how to complete all the story quests of the isometric role-playing game Baldur’s Gate 3
Prologue – Escape the Nautiloid
At the beginning of the game, take a look around and learn the different controls:
- LMB is used to move, and you can not only click, but also hold down the key so that the character continues to move in the direction of the cursor.
- HOME allows you to center the screen on the main character or the selected character.
- Using the clamped mouse wheel, you can rotate the camera, and rotating the wheel itself allows you to zoom in or out.
- You can also use the ALT key, which highlights, though not all, but some objects. That’s all for now. Yes, and LMB or RMB is used for interaction. The last key allows you to see a list of available actions for a specific item.
Move through the ship and search corpses, tables, collecting a wide variety of items and consumables. As always, the inventory is opened with the I key. After reaching the last room, before going outside, interact with the neuro-device on the left (one of them will be active) to go up the elevator. By doing this, you will see the person. Interact with him and you will understand that the person himself is already dead, and his brain has turned into an Intellect Devourer.
You have several options:
•To do nothing.
• Destroy the brain.
• Attempt to extract it. Choose the option where you have the most skills.
If you remove the brain, you can either cripple it (Agility test) or leave it intact. You can say that you will no longer help him, or agree to follow along with the Devourer. In addition, there are two item chests at the top. Be sure to search them, and then go downstairs.
Go outside, move along the ship and jump across the abyss using the “Jump” bonus action on the task bar at the bottom and slightly to the left of the middle of the screen. You will soon meet Lae’Zel.
Move on until you meet the first enemies – demons. Battles in Baldur’s Gate 3 are strictly turn-based. Kill all opponents. You can perform one bonus or regular action per battle, as well as move. Your hero will most likely have both melee attacks and ranged attacks. They all relate to normal activities. Defeat all opponents. Try to kill the enemy whose turn is about to come along the timeline in the upper left corner of the screen. This is the standard mechanic of these games.
Search the bodies and collect items. Before going upstairs, you can use the blue capsule for healing. Search the corpses at the top and climb even higher. Break the mucous membrane to get into the capsule room. You can interact with it, but even if you pass the magic check, the girl cannot be saved (the capsule will not open). Collect the items from the side. You can take a precious chest that you can’t open yet (via RMB).
Walk to the left of the capsule (although in the story you need to go to the right) to get into the dead-end hall. There is the key from the chest on the priestess’s corpse. Now you can open it (right-click on it in the inventory and select “Open (locked).” If you use the remote control (click on it), you will see how the girl turns into an illithid.
Go back and go right. Get to the control room, where the battle will begin. Do not try to mindlessly approach the console on the other side. Be sure to kill demons along the way. There will be two enemy groups. You can also collect items. Even with the help of the Devour Brain, then press I and transfer items from all characters to the main character! When you get to the remote, then interact with it.
Chapter 1 – Remuving the Parasite
The quest begins on the illithid ship after meeting Lae’Zel. Talk to the girl. She will say that the parasites in our head will turn us into Devour Brain. We need to figure out how to get rid of them. After a ship wreck, you will find yourself on the Ruined Shore.
Move to the right along the shore until you come across a ruin with a door knocking on a girl. Talk to her. This is Shadowheart, the same capsule girl you couldn’t rescue aboard the illithid ships. After talking with her, take her to the squad. The first companion has been found.
- Gale – you will find him at the altar of wanderings just above the location of the altar and Shadowheart. It will come straight out of the altar.
- Astarion – the vampire is on the left side of the location, if you look at the altar from which Gale came out. Near the wreckage of the ship, where the wounded illithid is located. Talk to him and take him to the squad.
- Lae’Zel should be found to the upper right of the altar, from where Gale appeared. She is locked in a cage. To save the character, you will probably have to quarrel with the tieflings. You will complete the quest – Free Laezel.
- Finally, Wyll is in the Druid Grove, which you will enter after destroying the goblins in front of the gate.
Find the Gityanki
To find the Gityanki, you have to travel far to the west. Therefore, please be patient and complete a few quests described below. I will return to the description of this quest below when the time comes (I will get to it chronologically).
Rescue The Druid Halsin
After learning about Halsin, head west. Find the forest, behind it is a long concrete bridge. There will be three adventurers examining the corpses of their comrades. Talk to them to get the task.
Save of refugees
You will receive this task from Zevlor, with whom you can talk after you defeat the goblins at the gate. He asks to speak with Kagha. Go to the location of the altar in the grove and go through the door on the right. Chat with Kagha. She will make it clear that there will be no dialogue. Return to Zevlor. You can offer to kill Kagha. In this case, go to her cave and finish off.
Save of refugees you can by killing Kagha or killing goblins.
- First, there are 3 merchants here, including a blacksmith with good weapons.
- A goblin is locked in the back room.
The quest will begin after you talk to Shadowheart and take her to the squad. You can break open the door at which it stands (you need kits for breaking). Otherwise, go upstairs and go to the top of the ruins. There will be bandits. Kill them or scare them away. Then interact with the door. You can deceive the bandit behind her. If it doesn’t work out, you’ll have to break open the door. An alternative is to shoot at the hanging stone above the place where the first bandits were. He will punch a hole in the floor.
Get inside and kill the enemies (if you went through the door, then the other will also have to be hacked or smashed with an attack through CTRL), search the bodies and use the found key to go deep into the ruins. The door on the left is closed, go right. Take the key from the central sarcophagus and disable the traps with the button on the left, on the column. If you don’t find it with skill, just go back.
Open the door on the left with the found key, search the corpses and go forward to the statue. Go to the left of it and find the button in the dark corner (wait until your characters find it through a mindfulness check). Press the button, defeat the undead and search the cache. You will receive a medallion that allows you to communicate with the dead.
To be continued…